Our technicians are always on hand and have a wealth of knowledge to keep your data safe.
Data Backup across Essex, based in Colchester
One of the biggest fears a small business owner faces is losing their data. The thought of having to start again as well as the days of downtime this would bring don’t bear thinking about.
A common misconception these days is that once you move your files to a cloud Service like Microsoft 365, Google or Dropbox, you no longer require a backup, unfortunately this is not the case. Whilst these companies have multiple backups of your data, it is only for their own internal use, so they can provide you with maximum uptime in case one of their systems fails.
User backup has, is and always will be the responsibility of the end user. We’re always surprised at the number of clients we meet who do not have a robust data backup plan in place. Backing up your data has traditionally been a case of plugging in a hard drive or USB into a computer, creating a copy of your files to take offsite. This then ‘replicates’ your data, protecting you from events such as fire or theft.
This method does however present new problems. Fortunately, it’s very easy to backup nowadays and once again, it’s the cloud that comes to the rescue.
At Dylan IT, our cloud backup service is fully managed, meaning one of our technicians is always on hand to check the logs and make changes where necessary. Our offering is competitively priced and gives peace of mind.
For us, choosing how to protect your data is a simple choice when you see the pro’s and con’s.
- User forgetfulness
- Backup process failing and the user not knowing how to check the backup. Backup often fails if ran whilst other users are still accessing the files you’re wanting to backup, meaning the backup has to be ran at the very end of the day
- GDPR complications that come with carrying customer data on a USB stick, whilst it travels between the office and a user’s home. If this device is lost, then that’s a breach of GDPR which must then be reported to the necessary authorities
- Real time backups. No more forgotten backup tasks whilst waiting until the end of the day when everyone has saved and closed their files
- Backups are more frequent because they constantly monitor the data pool for changes, only replicating these files. This makes the backup process quicker, thus more frequent
- Users don’t have to run the backup themselves. Our cloud backup connects directly to Microsoft 365 and doesn’t need a user’s computer to be switched on or require any user intervention
- Our Cloud backup is fully GDPR compliant and meets the strictest data protection requirements set out for industries such as finance, law and medical.